Most cars still come with halogen headlights and to install an LED conversion kit becomes a necessity for those who seek to upgrade to LED lights. Depending on the specific make and model of vehicle, installing a kit can be easy if the provisions already exist. This can be a challenge however, if space constraints and similar limitations warrant modification.
It’s a necessary consideration to make however, whether or not it’s worth investing time and money. Headlights usually come with the ballasts, heat sinks and necessary wiring adapters, which means they’re already sold as conversion kits. One of the biggest challenges with a headlight conversion kit is physically ensuring the LED bulb will fit inside the housing. Halogen headlight housings are usually fairly shallow behind the bulb, but the challenge is that the average LED headlight has a bulky heatsink built into it.
There may be the need to make space behind the bulb in the housing, or simply be deliberate with the wire-routing. Some installations demand that you physically cut out a recess into the back of the headlight housing dust and moisture cap. This however is rare. Nevertheless, pay careful attention regarding the conversion kit and follow the Installation steps as listed below.
- Determine your headlight bulb type
- Purchase an appropriate LED conversion kit through Amazon
- Snap a quick photo of your OE light output prior to installation for comparison after installation
- Unplug the plastic wiring connector from the factory-installed bulbs and remove these
- Preserve them in a safe space for possible future use
- Install the LED bulbs into the headlight socket carefully without touching the LED with bare fingers
- Twist the bulb gently clockwise to secure it in place
- Connect the LED ballast wiring — one end connects to the new bulb, and the other to the original wiring harness
- Turn on your lights and check the position of the cut-off — the position may need adjustment
- Secure the ballasts using plastic zip-ties or double-sided tape
- Take a test drive with your new LED headlights
A deal and a steal from SEALIGHT and Amazon await you! Come Oct 28th and grab the Amazon DOTD (Deal Of The Day) offer on LED conversion kits from SEALIGHT. A flat 40% off from 00:00 EST to 12:00 EST on the products given below.
· 9005/HB3 LED High Beam Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit, DOT Approved, SEALIGHT S1 Series 9145/H10 Fog Light Bulbs - Xenon White 6000K
· SEALIGHT H4/9003/HB2 LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit, DOT Approved, X1 Series, Dual High/Low Beam -Xenon White 6000K (2 Pack)
This unique offer is not restricted to conversion kits but a number of SEALIGHT products as well. SEALIGHT products come with a 1-year warranty. Buy confidence without the hassle of 30 days on return or exchange. Call or email the 24-hour customer service. Experience the benefit of the performance of LED lighting especially in bad weather conditions such as fog, rain, overcast skies or any other.