To switch to the LEDs on your car, you need a conversion kit to be installed. This could require modification in some cases. Conversion Kits are designed for retrofitting existing listed fluorescent troffers. They consist of high quality aluminum rails incorporating heat sink technology and mid-power LEDs for even distribution of light output. The optical system could be a diffuser door or parabolic lenses within the existing troffers, and could be reusable after the LED Conversion Kit has been installed. Replacement doors and lenses may also available. The electrical system could be a Class 2 low voltage LED driver with an Input voltage of 110V-277V. An LED linear fixture, mounting clips and necessary hardware is provided as a part of the installation kit.
Below are mentioned two of the standard kits from SEALIGHT.
1. 9005/HB3 LED High Beam Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit, DOT Approved, SEALIGHT S1 Series 9145/H10 Fog Light Bulbs - Xenon White 6000K
2. SEALIGHT H4/9003/HB2 LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit, DOT Approved, X1 Series, Dual High/Low Beam -Xenon White 6000K (2 Pack)
Installation is no rocket science. Just follow the steps below.
- Unplug the plastic wiring connector from the factory-installed bulbs and remove them
- Preserve them in a safe space for possible future use
- Remove the Dust Boot
- Release the retainer latch
- Install the LED bulbs into the headlight socket carefully without making direct contact with bare fingers
- Work the latch over and attach it
- Twist gently clockwise to secure it in place
- Connect the LED ballast wiring — one end connects to the new bulb, and the other to the original wiring harness
- Turn on your lights and check the cut-off position
- Check the Low Beams and adjust if necessary
- Check the High Beams and adjust if necessary
- Secure the ballasts using plastic zip-ties or double-sided tape Day time run light
If the day time run shows an error, it’s normal to the year and make. To fix this remove fuse for the DRL located just under the steering column. HID and LED lights are not capable of dimming. You also cannot use the duct boot on this type of a light. It needs to be open for air for the heat sink. LED headlight replacements are waterproof when used in an approved headlight housing assembly. Good heat dissipation would always be healthy for the driver, hence ensure good heat insulation and ventilation. It’s always best to check voltage of the vehicle and ensure that it complies with the operating voltage of the product(9~32 VDC). Ensure all wiring connections and polarities are appropriate before turning on your power to avoid any possible damage to the equipment. If defective, return the product. Do not attempt to fix it yourself. Make sure the LEDs shine horizontally when installed. LED headlight bulbs have the better visibility. High beams have a brighter output. Low beams have a better beam pattern. Replace your yellow and dim halogen bulbs with LEDs.