Would you like to travel by a car with pitch-dark interior having only the control panel lights to create some brightness? The answer will be no, right? Regardless of how you would like a shadowy ambience while going on a long drive, to finding something inside the car or reading something, or even watching your companions, a proper interior light modification is needed. Natural darkness is unavoidable and so are your errands during twilight, night time, or before dawn.
There is a common notion for car users that the main part for lighting of a car is with the custom headlights. By all means, this is a totally wrong notion as while exterior lights are useful for the traffic outside and the driver, the interior lights are important for the passengers.
So, why not using the interior lights strategically?
Why Interior LED Lights Are Important
The car interiors lighting are usually installed under car dashboard, foot wells, seats, upper panels, roofs and at the back side of the front seats. The light options can vary from diffused to bright, colorful to monochromatic and so on.
- The bulbs can be customized with different kits according to the car parts and your requirement and preference.
- While the incandescent bulbs offer yellowish tint, the LED lights offer clean, vibrant and focused whitish light for better visibility.
- No additional tool is required for installing the interior LED bulbs.
- Unlike the incandescent lights, the LED lights do not get too hot after prolonged use
- These lights consume less power and are more durable than the other options.
Upgrading Interior Lights of the Car
You can upgrade the lights according to the car accessories such as dome lights, glovebox, map background, trunk lights and more. The accessibility of the lights is dependent on the design and models of the cars your use. Some cars use plastic lens held by plastic slips while some cars use light units kept in place with metal clips. After removing light units and covers, you can replace the incandescent ones with LEDs. Just like batteries, the LEDs have +ve and –ve polarity, hence turning the bulbs a bit can help if they don’t get lightened up initially.
How to Use LEDs in Car Interior
Before installing the LEDs in car interiors, you should check the LED light kits and verify whether they lighten up the trunk space, floor beds and other spaces and offer best ambient lights. Choose the kits according to your requirements like remotes, adapters etc.
- Requirement – The car accessories requirement include LED Strips, RGB Strip controller, Connectors, 4-strop wires, Silicon Gun stick and soldering guns
- Make The Plan – LED strips are available in even numbers, making it easier for you to plan on distributing them. For example, if you have 4 strips, two should be under dashboard and the other two behind driver’s seat and under passenger seat.
- Measurement – Take proper measurements below dashboard and back of the seat to make sure that the wire is properly measured for controller to connector and connector to connector.
- Final Test – Now after preparing for the connections inside car and checking the charger modding, it is time to check whether they are working properly without any flickering.
The LED bulbs for interior lighting are not only an inexpensive method of creating a dreamy ambience inside the car but also an energy efficient way to save the battery life of your car.